edubuntu-menu-editor

Kees keesvonk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 05:30:15 BST 2010

I am trying to assign a menu structure to a group of users, using the
'menu-editor' and the 'edubuntu-menu-editor profile manager' but I must
be doing something wrong here. I am doing the following"

* New Edubuntu 10.04 install with LTSP according to:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/installLTSPlucid
* Create new user (modelstudent)
* Create new group (student) and assign modelstudent to it
* Edit and save menu: StudentMenu.tar.gz
* Assign Menu to group 'student'

(at the point even tried rebooting, ltsp-update-*)

* Log in on LTSP terminal, and just get the full menu

How can I get the edited menu for all students in group 'student'? I
have searched and googled a lot in the last few days, but the
documentation on this seems extremely sparse.

If anyone can help me that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kees