DRBL and Technology

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 15 22:51:09 GMT 2010

Hi Todd

On 10-11-15 05:22 PM, Todd O'Bryan wrote:
> What if the thin clients are i386 and the fat clients are amd64?

You'll have to have separate i386 and amd64 chroots. Typically though,
i386 images are used for both.

> Also, I guess I'm not understanding something about how the chroot
> works. Do I not install the packages I want to run locally in the
> chroot for the fat clients? If so, does the fat client "just know" to
> download the binary the first time something is run so that it runs on
> the local machine instead of the server?

Yep, you'll need to install them in the chroot. You could then run them
by doing "ltsp-localapps appname" to run it locally. You can also
specify which applications you want to run locally in lts.conf, and the
user menus will then be modified to run those programs with ltsp-localapps.

-Jonathan