DRBL and Technology

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 15 15:33:14 GMT 2010

Hi Todd

On 10-11-15 06:22 AM, Todd O'Bryan wrote:
> I hadn't realized how nice the support for fat clients was in LTSP
> until I looked at the docs. Especially in a mixed thin/fat environment
> (where you're buying machines to replace thin clients over time), it
> seems like this might be the way to go. The one thing I didn't see
> right off was how to tell each client, based on MAC address I assume,
> which image to load--either thin or fat. I assume you do that in the
> lts.conf file.

Yep, you would use the same image for thin and fat client machines. On
LTSP, LDM is also used for local logons when using diskless fat clients,
so if you want a machine to be a thin client instead of a fat client,
all you need in lts.conf is something like this:

[08:00:27:a6:99:99]
  LTSP_FATCLIENT=false

-Jonathan