Help! 10.04 LTSP becomes very slow to load and operate.

Jim Christiansen jim.c.christiansen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 16:50:53 GMT 2010

Thank you everyone for the idea to looks at.  I haven't found anything yet.
 The server is currently out of service and just idling...  It sure would be
nice to get that powerful beast online for my class.  I had 24 grade 8s on
it last week when it was running normally and they had even enabled bouncy
windows in appearance- effects.  Things were running so well...  Then just
like a knife stroke- sudden slowness.

I keep thinking I must have missed something in the configs.   Something to
do with the server not being on the defualt 192.168.0 subnet or using only 1
nic...  Doesn't explain how it runs perfectly on other occasions though...

Thanks,  Jim