ltsp-gui

dbclinton dbclin at gmail.com
Sun May 16 04:37:42 BST 2010

Hello,
Here's what I discovered about my problem:
My best guess is that ltsp failed to properly install (during the actual
hard disk install process) because it couldn't get past my proxy server.
Now, while in the live CD gui, I had configured my proxy info including
authentication, but that information doesn't seem to have been passed to
the actual installed system (I know that because I had to set it again
once the install was done).
Here's what I did to install ltsp on the HD (thanks to the guys a irc
#edubuntu - if you don't have a proxy server, ignore the "export
http..." line):
First:
use synaptic to install ltsp-server-standalone (NOT ltsp-server, but
ltsp-server-standalone!)
Then, from terminal:
sudo -i
export