Install now, upgrade later?

ekul taylor ekul.taylor at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 03:20:25 GMT 2010

It looks like what has happened is the package names have changed from
jaunty to karmic.  I don't see a -pae package in jaunty but it exists in
karmic.  And in karmic linux-server is a metapackage for the -pae kernel.

Use the free -m command to check and see if ubuntu is seeing more then 4 GB
of ram while booted in the -server kernel.  If it is then you are all set