Helping new users with setting up Edubuntu server

David Groos djgroos at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 04:40:53 BST 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 7:55 PM, ps <ps at gedec.org> wrote:

> David, perhaps we can go about it in a step-by-step way: first see that all
> interested parties get 10.04 up and running - including the LTSP part (it
> seems that many still have problems with that, as we did when we first
> installed the system).

Yes.  I wonder how many teachers/school techs have installed Lucid?  What
options did they use? What challenges did they encounter?  What are their
needs? This info would be important info to streamline the
instructions/process.  While there is a process to report experiences with
the system, I think you are recommending an extra effort on our part
(school-based users) to report.  I think that's good.  I'll try and put more
info in the lists.

Here's a page I made on installing
Edubuntu<http://plonedev.mpls.k12.mn.us/gcos09/mr.-groos/resources/install-10.04>.
It's just a start and needs to have a lot more context in it.  If anyone
gets a chance please check it out and let me know if it has any dangerous
info--especially in the partition section--before I put it on the wiki.
Probably tomorrow or the next day I'll put it on the wiki so others can
improve it too.

David