LTSP woes with Lucid Lynx

Andrew andrew at aammscott.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 22:46:32 BST 2010

Hi Jordan,

Yes, I have tried playing with the boot parameters in the manner you
suggest; unfortunately it has not changed the result.

The 10.04 install on the workstation / server is completely fresh; only
user files have been imported. I have already tried reinstalling LTSP
standalone and rebuilding the client, figuring I must have messed up
somehow.

I am going to try booting the client with the desktop live CD, but for
me all that will do is confirm the level of broken-ness. Just tried this
and have confirmed 10.04 will *NOT* load up on the client machine. The
screen actually goes into 'power-saving mode'; just as though all video
signal has been lost, even though the machine is still active. This is
precisely the same as what happens on PXE boot in 10.04 LTSP. 8.04 LTSP
is fine ...

On a related note, what does everyone make of HP T5125 thin clients? Are
they known to work with 10.04 [without issues]? Or are there better
value thin clients out there? How does one actually use the thin clients
with LTSP?

Thanks! :)