LTSP woes with Lucid Lynx

Andrew andrew at aammscott.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 21:25:14 BST 2010

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply ;-)

A good spec sheet can be found here

http://www.austincc.edu/cloud/manuals/Dell/GX110/slotted/specs.htm

Please note that I have fitted an [old-ish] internal graphics card to
one of the clients; the only difference in behaviour is that it displays
the splash screen forever, instead of a blank screen.

AFAIK they are both 128 MB clients, but one could be 256MB.

I have since confirmed that when the client's screen is blank, it is
pingable at the address handed to it by DHCP, showing that it is (a)
alive, and (b) still using the correct [expected] NIC.

Totally agree on the debugging information; in my view this should be
more than a 'nice to have' as not knowing what is causing the problem
has made it most difficult to work out what to do next ...

Best regards,
Andrew