LTSP woes with Lucid Lynx

asmo.koskinen at arkki.info asmo.koskinen at arkki.info
Sun Jun 6 06:17:05 BST 2010

> My journey to date is documented here:

> I'm not sure what else to try. I could try different XSERVER config
> options in the lts.conf but am not sure why I would need to.

I have about 100 HP t5125 at my school. I turned my two years old Ubuntu
8.04 LTSP setup (dhcp fail over) in Ubuntu 10.04 LTSP-Cluster setup. It
just works.

Here is one HP t5125 and my laptop as a thin client.

http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5-Testausta/Lucid-ltsp-cluster/LTSP-Cluster_HPt5125_01.jpg

In LTSP-Cluster it is very easy to tweak any thin client. Here is auto
login for one HP t5125.

http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5-Testausta/Lucid-ltsp-cluster/LTSP-Cluster_HPt5125_02.jpg

HP t1525 works very fine when you remember do this.

1) Remove Compiz! It is real pain in the a...

sudo apt-get remove --purge gnome-screensaver compiz

2) My lts.conf for all

[default]
X_COLOR_DEPTH=16
LDM_DIRECTX=True
X_RAMPERC=80

Everything else is as it is after normal default installation.

Hope this helps. I will make later full howto in finnish and in english
about my setup process.

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.