Edubuntu x86_64 and i386 clients

Scott Balneaves sbalneav at legalaid.mb.ca
Wed Jan 20 03:32:53 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:11:21PM -0500, David Hopkins wrote:
> Hello, I just finished installing Edubuntu 9.10 on 2 servers for testing as
> an immediate replacement for my K12LTSPEL servers and move from LTSP4.2 to
> LTSP5 with localapps.  The servers are an i386 (dual intel Xeon) 32 bit
> system and an Intel quadcore E5420 64 bit system.   And then I noticed that
> on the 64bit system, I don't have a directory for the i386 clients.  So, can
> I simply copy over the ltsp/i386 directory and the images from the 32bit
> system to the 64 bit and then configure dhcpd.conf to get the correct images
> for the clients?  It seems that the dhcpd.conf file installed by default on
> the 64bit system in /etc/ltsp is already looking for a directory that
> doesn't exist (/opt/ltsp/i386) anyway.  Could it be that simple to get
> support for my 32bit clients?

You'll want to build new LTSP5 chroots.

The command you'll want to issue is:

ltsp-build-client --arch i386

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSPQuickInstall

Cheers,
Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things
Systems Department | are infinitely the most important.