How to fix RAID1 array

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 13:31:37 GMT 2010

I have my student home folders on a RAID1 array. One of the hard
drives seems to have become corrupted--I'm getting Buffer IO errors.

Is the hard drive definitely bad so I should get a new one, or should
I try reformatting it and seeing if it works again?

Either way, how do I do that? Is there a way to run the partitioner
part of the alternate install CD without running the whole installer?
Will the RAID array automatically pick up the reformat of the current
drive or a new drive if I have to get one?

Anyone got a link to TFM that I should R before I attempt this?

Thanks,
Todd