LTSP Boot Across Subnets

Ben Francis wirelessben at
Tue Feb 9 23:57:18 GMT 2010

Thanks, Jonathon.

So how can BKO <> install Debian on my ancient, 256MB
P4 Micron in under an hour over the internet, across a strict firewall?

A: They use HTTPFS <> booting over
HTTP with the small 1 MB gPXE boot CD, boot USB, or boot floppy. Fuse rocks.

BKO does have an entry for Ubuntu on its internet boot server. You might
find teachers willing to give Edubuntu a whirl if they could "set it and
forget it" for an overnight install.

Very mindful of your bandwidth,