Language Packages for Edubuntu

Jack ODonnell jodonnell at worldcomputerexchange.org
Tue Aug 3 15:38:48 BST 2010

Stephane and Jorge

Thanks for the reply.

Jorge I did check the language packages that were installed.  All were
installed.  I removed them and reinstalled.  Still I have only some of
the educational software in Spanish.  NOTE: only some of the software
added by the edubuntu package is an issue.  Everything else is in
Spanish.
language-pack-gnome-es-base
language-pack-gnome-es
language-pack-es-base
language-pack-es
language-support-es
language-pack-kde-es
langauge-pack-kde-es-base

Stephane
I did try the Live Edubuntu.  All of the Edubuntu educational software
is in Spanish during the live session.  I know I can solve my problem by
doing a DVD-install of Edubuntu.  I'm a bit curious about the cause of
this problem.

Basically I first CD installed Ubuntu 10.04 in English; then I added
Edubuntu; then I added Spanish.  Could there be a problem with this
sequence?

Jack