installing where there is no internet access

Quynh Vu Do vdquynh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 14:43:41 BST 2010

Hi,

2010/4/12 Gary Kirkpatrick <pegngary at gmail.com>

> I am a volunteer working in Panama.  The school has 16 computers and I plan
> to install edubuntu on them.  I have internet access at my house but there
> is none at the school.
>
> I need to install the codecs and I was also thinking of adding all the
> printer drivers I can fit on the cd (or I can use a usb flash drive).  How
> can I obtain the printer drivers and install them on a cd or flash drive?

You can install and use aptoncd.
This program will help you to setup a CD/DVD as a mobile repository (APT on
CD) to install and perform updates for computers without access to internet.
Aptoncd will take all the packages that have been docnloaded to
/var/cache/apt/archives/. You can also add your own packages from other
locations.

You may also setup a local Ubuntu mirror on an USB drive (you'll need around
30 GB)

Please note that some non free packages, like Adobe flash player, still
needs to be downloaded from the internet.

Hope that helps.
Regards

--
Vu Do Quynh (M.)