help configuring /etc/network/interfaces?

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Fri Apr 2 00:24:09 BST 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Joseph Hartman <jlhartman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I cloned a karmic ltsp server onto a new machine and can't configure
> /etc/network/interfaces so that I get LTSP working and Internet
> simultaneously. If /interfaces says:

The physical device that is assigned to your software settings in
/etc/network/interfaces can be modified in
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-network-settings

This is from memory. Get into the /etc/udev/rules.d/ directory, and
you'll see the file. You can either delete it (it's recreated upon
reboot) or edit the ethX settings. It's straightforward.

In the Ubuntu world, you can install and run oem-config prior to
imaging and your usernames and network settings are reset.

--scott