[Solved] Re: Printer on thin client network--says it's working but isn't

David Groos djgroos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 14:57:24 BST 2009

Thanks Dean/Ben and others.  I've learned more about printer
setup/management and now have installed nmap and zenmap and are learning to
use them.  Turned out that the problem was that the printer was setup with a
static network info: 255.255.0.0/192.168.1.1/192.168.1.6 while my network
was 255.255.255.0/192.168.0.1 so when I changed the gateway etc. of printer
to correspond to that of my LAN I was able to ping the printer and not long
after had it configured and working.  :D

David