Did I take down the whole Middle School with NAT?

Joseph Hartman jlhartman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 07:05:24 BST 2009

Hmmm...I have 2 NIC cards on the server, and from what I understand
(admittedly not much) it shouldn't be possible for other computers around
campus to find that server for IP addresses since it's serving the sub
network only. In any case, I went around yesterday and very methodically
reconnected everything back up that the district guy and I had disconnected
on Wednesday. The lab is again up and running and all the other classroom
LTSP setups are running fine too. I renewed IP addresses on a few machines
and got good numbers along the way so maybe it WAS just a coincidence.
Thanks for the quick reply in any case. I took my first CCNA course last
night so I'm on my way to knowing what I'm talking about. Cheers -joe