Did I take down the whole Middle School with NAT?

ekul taylor ekul.taylor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 04:08:45 BST 2009

It sounds more like the dhcp daemon on your edubuntu server is causing the
problem.  You should check the options to ensure the server only binds to
the network card associated with the thin clients.  On ubuntu the files to
check are /etc/default/dhcp3-server, /etc/dhcp3-server/dhcpd.conf and
possibly /etc/ltsp/dhcp.conf.  You want the dhcp server to only listen on
the card your thin clients are attached to.

If you only have 1 network card in your edubuntu server then you should
setup your existing dhcp server to serve pxe boot information (based on MAC
address likely) to your thin clients and disable the dhcp server in edubuntu