HELP!! how to prevent floppy mounts under Hardy/LTS

john lists.john at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 16:58:45 BST 2009

> yes, this happens if your users dont have the default setup of using one
> group per user but use a shared group... try creating them like the
> default tools do (default group for $user would be the group $user)
> its a limitation ltspfs has.
>
> ciao
>        oli

Hi Oli,

This is exactly the case for us since I am using Active Directory as
the backend for Authentication, so all users are members of the group
"Domain Users" (amongst a bunch of others). I guess you would say that
"domain users" is the primary group. I haven't figured out how to do
things with the other groups yet (e.g. slice and dice privileges based
on other windows groups that the user may have membership to.)

BTW, I know that Scott and Ace are working on the handbook, and I
would just throw out that it might be nice to have a cookbook section
where they detail setting up authentication via AD, LDAP, MYSQL or
what have you. I'd be happy to share my AD information, setup scripts
etc, if that would be useful to the documentation effort.

Thanks again!

John