Kerberos/LDAP Howto

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 02:24:26 BST 2009

I've been trying to set up Kerberos/LDAP so that my three servers can
share a single user database, but every how-to I've found doesn't
quite work. All of them get pretty close, but seem to leave important
stuff out.

Does anyone have a very step-by-step how-to that they can suggest that
will get me from point A to point B with the least amount of pain? If
not, I'm willing to create one myself--heck, I'll create scripts if
that's possible--if someone can talk me through the sticky points. I'm
getting tired of students playing tricks on one another because they
share accounts. :-/

Todd