load average 34.73 !

john lists.john at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 21:16:11 GMT 2009

Hi Asmo,

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Asmo Koskinen <asmo.koskinen at arkki.info> wrote:
> john kirjoitti:
>
>>  PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
>> 13847 auer_saw  20   0  228m  98m  27m R   45  0.6   1:05.38 firefox
I guess I read that as 45% of the resources being used were being used
by that user since the CPU show

> One user/firefox uses 45% of your server's resources  - auts ;-)

auts indeed!

> If your all users run flash/streaming movie based web pages all the time,
> you really should try running FF/Flash/VLC in thin client itself
> (ltsp-localapps) - if your thin clients are good ones for doing that.

I am using NTAVO 6030 thin clients which use shared memory. I am not
sure whether they are really good candidates for this or not. Perhaps
someone else on the list can let me know if they've gotten local apps
working well with these clients.

Also I am currently running 8.04 since it's the current LTS. Am I
going to have to upgrade to be able to run local apps?

> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSPLocalAppsFirefox
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP
>
> Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Thanks for your advice!