Network issue on a cloned server
uwe.geercken at datamelt.com
Mon Oct 5 19:59:53 BST 2009
I have used a standard setup with one network card in the past which
always worked well for me. As I have gained experience I am trying more
things now and different setups: e.g. using virtual machines.
In the last time I continue to have little problems with networking on
multiple computers, so this is what I have done to cope with it:
- I remove network-manager and network-manager-gnome
- I put a static ip and other information in /etc/network/interfaces
- I update /etc/ltsp/dhcpd.conf to reflect my network settings above
- I do a ltsp-update-sshkeys (ip changed)
- I do a ltsp-update-image (ip changed)
I think this setup makes less trouble than with network-manager and
these are simple steps, so that the clients should be able to boot.
Hope this helps.
More information about the edubuntu-users