Leaving Edubuntu

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:44:09 BST 2009

I was actually looking for real items you are tackling within our community
(Edubuntu) right now! Outside that, yes your list of good deeds is
impressive and wonderful (Most of the so called leadership can probably
write a good couple pages on their good deeds too...) We all know the story
of how you couldn't get in contact with the Canonical guys, and how this has
made you feel unappreciated.  But I think there's been enough repetition of
that story for now, surely we can find more interesting things to talk about
than the failure of communication during a meeting at one of the UDSes...
(spilled milk comes to mind...)

Anyway, this doesnt' really have much to do with giving perspective... it
has to do with getting things done... all the perspective in the world is
not gonna make any difference if it isnt followed by coding, documentation,
bug squashing or the hundreds of other tasks open to volunteers...

kind regards,
David Van Assche
www.nubae.com

--

Stephen Leacock<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/stephen_leacock.html>
- "I detest life-insurance agents: they always argue that I shall some