Dell Optiplex SX280 SFF with LTSP?

Steve Rippl rippls at woodlandschools.org
Fri Nov 20 18:54:06 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 10:44 -0800, john wrote:

> I am not sold on this box yet. I am still looking for something in the
> 10 x 10 x 4 form factor that has similar power but with onboard power
> in a similar price range. I like the looks of the hp dc7700/7800
> http://www.trustedreviews.com/pcs/review/2008/01/30/HP-Compaq-dc7800p-Ultra-Slim-Desktop/p1
>
> But I don't think we're going to be able to find those used at a price
> we can afford.
>
> Your recommendations are appreciated!

As you're asking, we're using these (MSI Wind pc)...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856167032&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA

Again no ps2 ports and an external power supply (small one), but a nice
form factor, very quite (we don't put in a hard drive, but you have to
tie up the cables inside or else they can interfere with the one small
internal fan), low-ish energy use, VGA video output.  We haven't tried
local apps on them yet, but the Atom seems to be a great little
processor, works well for our Netbooks.

Steve

--
Steve Rippl