printer shows up in printer dialog after long time

uwe uwe.geercken at datamelt.com
Thu Nov 19 21:38:14 GMT 2009

hello,

I just wanted to tell you that I have solved my problem.

here again the description:
when printing from a local app such as Gimp the cups printer would show
up only after a long time such as 15 seconds and that each time you open
the printer dialog.

resolution:
when I setup the LTSP server a while ago, I gave it a 192.168 ip adress,
after tranfering the server to the school, I changed the ip to fit the
local needs but I did not update /etc/hosts to reflect the ip change
(both server and chroot).

now that I updated /etc/hosts, the printer is show immediately in the
printing dialog of the local apps.

rgds,

uwe