Too much network activity?

David Groos djgroos at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 17:09:57 GMT 2009

Hi Jim,

Interesting, I think, that the newer clients take 1/4 of the time of the
older.  This seems to imply that the cause isn't just on the server?

I've not specifically added clients to /etc/hosts.  What does this do?

"LDM_DIRECTX=*True" *what does this do?

I had heard of fl_teachertool but am just checking into it.  Seems like it
has more features than iTALC, an alternative project.  I looked for a
comparison of the two, didn't find much though looks like it might not be
kept up?  Author says might want to go for iTALC for this reason...
http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/151686  What do you think?  Ever tried
iTALC?  Yes, we'll get through this :)

David