Jaunty Alternate Alpha 6, audio bug

Asmo Koskinen asmo.koskinen at arkki.info
Sun Mar 15 20:00:34 GMT 2009

Asmo Koskinen kirjoitti:

> Ubuntu Alternate Alpha 6 i386 + HP Mini 2133 as a thin client. I have
> screenshot here:
>
> http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5/Jaunty-A6-i386.png

HP Mini 2133 is Via-based. Audio/sound works just fine.

I added atl2-module to the Alpha 6 for Eee 701. Eee 701 is Intel-based.
And now there is another bug, this time for audio.

Both mic and speakers are at full volume by default after boot, so there
is huge feedback. I do not how to decrease volume for mic. I installed
manager for pulseaudio, but it seems to do nothing in thin client.

I have never hear this kind of bug with ltsp... mic/speakers are too loud.

So if you have Intel-based laptop, try to this one. Just boot your
laptop as a thin client for Alpha 6. I tested Acer TM6592, it has same
problem - mic and speakers are at full volume > huge feedback...

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.