KVM and cloned Jaunty LTSP server

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Sat Jun 20 22:10:34 BST 2009

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 5:55 AM, Asmo Koskinen<asmo.koskinen at arkki.info> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just use some time to study how to clone Jaunty LTSP server on Jaunty
> KVM host. It went well, but cloned server have /dev/eth1, not /dev/eth0
> as in original one.
>
> After some googling I learn that there is this file in Ubuntu.
>
> /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

Aloha Asmo

Before cloning, I remove the 70-persistent-net.rules file.  It gets
re-created upon boot on the re-imaged machine.  I believe that I have
noticed that running the oem-config script does this, too.  This is
critical if you want to create a "golden" image with clonezilla, for
instance.

--scott