application based problem..anyone seen

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Mon Jun 1 17:12:57 BST 2009

There is no (and most likely will never be) a Shockwave Director plugin
for Linux (see online petition with 35k signatures here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?linuxswp ). You could
try using it with wine or cxoffice, but in my experience this doesn't
work well in a TC environment at all. You'd probably be better off
trying to get the website to change their platform. This is a big issue
with SRA Open Court Online ( http://www.opencourtonline.com/ ) as well.
It really sucks there's no workaround. It'd be nice if Flash had a
Shockwave emulation mode or something, but I have no idea if that's even
technically feasible. There's closed source software for ya, though.

Cheers,
Jordan/Lns

--
Jordan Erickson
Owner, Logical Networking Solutions

Latest LNS Blogs - http://blog.logicalnetworking.net

	My venture into "Virtual Fridays"
	University Makes iPods, iPhones Mandatory for Freshmen
	Google Gets Goats to Mow Lawn at Company Headquarters