golden server

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Thu Jul 30 19:52:26 BST 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Asmo Koskinen<asmo.koskinen at arkki.info> wrote:
> David Groos kirjoitti:
>
>> I need to be able to make an image of a Jaunty Edubuntu LTSP server which I
>> can then burn onto others, at the same school and at a different school.  I
>> saw Asmo use the term 'golden server' so did a search for it + Ubuntu but
>> only came up with hits for working with golden client.
>
> I think I was thinking this old post - another list:
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-users/2007-November/000839.html
>
> I did have that lab with dual boot machines (XP/Ubuntu 6.06 Studio). I
> have removed old pics... Now that lab is whole school and a Studio, 12
> DAWs: http://www.arkki.info/?p=49
>
> But yes, g4u did the job.

For what it's worth, I manage all of my images with a Debian netbook
running DRBL and Clonezilla.  I can provide imaging services, fat
client booting, thin-client booting, and net-installs to *any*
computer that can pxe boot.  Clonezilla is great for keeping test
images, or for doing pxe installs to a virtualized server.

> Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Aloha

--scott