ltsp local apps + nat + ....

graydebowen at tiscali.co.uk graydebowen at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jul 22 14:52:45 BST 2009

I did not find the NAT a big problem to solve with Firefox as a local
app on a thin client.  It took longer to sort out the DNS error.  I
sorted it at the weekend using the fix for bug 347957 given by Stalker:
Stalker, P.  Jaunty ltsp Client Creates /etc/resolv.conf With 000
Permissions [Available at https://bugs.launchpad.
net/ubuntu/+source/ltsp/+bug/347957].  Accessed 18th July 2009.

If the bug was fixed in ltsp - 5.1.74-0ubuntu1 it is still cropping up
on Ubuntu LTSP even with a an updated system and removing the client
image then building a new image.

In summary the DNS is a bigger hassle than the NAT.

Forgive my lack of knowledge but what do we need to do to update the
wiki articles?

Stay safe online with Tiscali Security Centre  -  http://www.tiscali.co.uk/security