your mail

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 19:43:25 GMT 2009

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Sergio Dicandia wrote:

> OK, now I installed DNSMasq and disabled dhcp3 on the server.
> I edited the .conf file to reflect my needs in terms of IP range and the like; service seems to be up, I can monitor the requests with tcpdump (I'll post the previous results asap), but thin clients don't boot. Is there anything I should add/edit in dnsmasq.conf to have the clients boot from the server ?
> dhcpd had a couple of lines about pxe, but I'm not sure how to manage this with dnsmasq.

As I mentioned, I don't know the exact details of how you configure it.
These posts give examples of it

http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2007q3/thread.html#1620

You need to get across the boot file, the root-path and the server.

dhcp-boot=net:pxe,/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.0,servername, 192.168.0.254
dhcp-option=17,"192.168.0.254:/opt/ltsp/i386/"

I really haven't used it though so I can't be sure.