KDE wants your input

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Fri Jan 16 00:45:18 GMT 2009

Jordan Mantha wrote:
> HI all,
>
> Recently I wrote a blog post [0] about how I think Edubuntu and Linux
> in general in Education really need to succeed for Linux/FLOSS to go
> mainstream. In particular, we (Edubuntu) need to advocate for
> educational users to open source software developers. Well, Aaron
> Seigo, one of the lead developers of KDE, read it and has responded
> [1]. He's asked for educator feedback on somethings he's been thinking
> about and has created a wiki page [2] to brainstorm ideas for making
> one of KDE 4's new technologies, plasma [3], work hard for education.
> Anyway, I thought it might be of interest to the list.

What alternatives are there to Activstudio from Promethean?

That piece of software makes it easy for teachers to create content for
use in their classes and can be used in tandem with a physical
interactive whiteboard which allow their pupils/students to get involved.

A powerful and easy to use content creation tool that is easily used
with an interactive whiteboard can mean a lot. Not all teachers are
going to want to use subject specific software. All teachers would
however appreciate being able to make their own stuff for their classes.