Firefox as local app and networking [SOLVED]

M Rathburn stretchem at
Tue Jan 13 01:49:39 GMT 2009

 You're absolutely right.  I had thought that iptables-save
> created a shell script.  It creates input for iptables-restore.
> I've updated the howto.  Thanks for the great feedback.
> Gavin

Howdy.  Still getting the same result here after following the updated
directions.  Reboot and can't see the internet.  If I punch in the line:

sudo iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --jump MASQUERADE  --source

then it comes to life.  Are there any other files you need to see the
contents of?