Firefox as local app and networking [SOLVED]

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 22:20:56 GMT 2009

Hi,

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, M Rathburn wrote:

> I backed out the old stuff, removed the static entry from my router, then
> followed the new HowTo and it works perfectly!

Excellent.  A practical test is a very good proofing.  I'd like to have a
howto which we can just point users at and expect that they really will be
likely to get it working first off.

> My only suggestion would be that perhaps #5 could be rolled into #1.  Touch
> the dhcpd.conf file once and be done with it.

That would be quicker alright, but I'm hoping that by explaining the
meaning of the steps first in a logical order that the beginner may learn
and understand what they're doing -- even if it's not exactly the quickest
route.