Hp 1730 lcd monitors +edubuntu 8.04

Patrick McKnight pem725 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 01:04:57 GMT 2009

Kenneth,

Have you setup an lts.conf file in:

 /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386

where you specify

XSERVER = i810
X_COLOR_DEPTH = 16

for your clients?  The first line specifies the correct xorg driver
for your video card and the second line avoids some of the problems
with 24 bit depth that plagues many of the intel graphic cards with
ltsp.

If you need more assistance with this step, I suggest you consult either:

http://doc.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/edubuntu/handbook/C/

or the various edubuntu online docs.

You need to make sure that you know your specific video card chipset.
You can find the out by either booting your thin client with some usb
distribution or switching over to a terminal as described in the
edubuntu handbook.  The problem is not with your monitor (if I am
understanding your current situation correctly) but rather in your
client configuration.

HTH

pmcknigh at gmu.edu
http://mres.gmu.edu