LTSP5 and openLDAP, first draft in finnish

Asmo Koskinen asmo.koskinen at arkki.info
Wed Feb 4 21:51:14 GMT 2009

Asmo Koskinen kirjoitti:

> So what you think - is it possible to just copy those working PAM lines
> from Fedora 10 to the UNR 1.0.1? Well, that is anyway my next stop...
> And if not, then my trip stops here ;-).

It is possible ;-)

I have now a very nice test environment here at home.

* ubuntu-ltsp5 - Ubuntu 8.04.2 i386 - mount /home

* ubuntu-openldap - Ubuntu 8.04.2 i386 - exports /home

* ubuntu-eee - Ubuntu Netbook Remix 1.0.1 lpia - mount /home
- Asus Eee 701 4G

* ubuntu-laptop - Ubuntu 8.10 AMD64 - mount /home
- Acer TM 6592

I can boot both laptops as a thin client with auto login on the LAN
and also as a real laptop with same login and home on the WLAN. Just great.

One thing I still missing is securing openldap server with tsl/ssl.

That will be my last and final stop ;-).

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.