How/why does network-manager interfere with /etc/resolve.conf

Scott Balneaves sbalneav at legalaid.mb.ca
Mon Dec 7 17:32:11 GMT 2009

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 04:53:29PM +0000, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 07 Dec 2009, john wrote:
>
> > Doing "apt-get remove network-manager"
> >
> > removed network-manager and network-manager-gnome
> >
> > but left ubuntu-desktop
>
> That's good to know.

For people interested in leaving NetworkMangler^H^H^H^H^H^H^HManager
around for it's ease of use for wireless, but looking for a
more command-liney way to interact with it, I've packaged cnetworkmanager, and
written a manpage for it.  It's in my ppa:

https://edge.launchpad.net/~sbalneav/+archive/ppa

For karmic.

Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | "I know not with what weapons World War III will be
Systems Department |  fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks