How/why does network-manager interfere with /etc/resolve.conf

Nigel Barker tech at hiroshima-is.ac.jp
Fri Dec 4 02:14:03 GMT 2009

2009/12/4 Todd O'Bryan <toddobryan at gmail.com>:
> I think (and I may be completely wrong) that if you include the
> interface info in /etc/network/interfaces then network-manager leaves
> it alone and expects you to take care of it.

I agree that nm shouldn't overrule interfaces.
However, if it is messing with your resolve.conf then
aptitude remove network-manager
should sort it.
I have a bunch of laptops booting straight into dhcp via wlan from
/etc/network/interfaces. nm is not installed or needed for a computer
which isn't going to leave school.

cheers
nigel