LTSP boot problem

Uwe Geercken uwe.geercken at
Sat Apr 25 20:54:04 BST 2009

hello friends,

I have installed jaunty with ltsp on a laptop - for testing. after the
install, I took my workstation and booted from the laptop. all worked
ok. no problem.

then I installed one app in the chroot environment and did an
ltsp-update-image. now when I boot the workstation again - same setup
as before, it boots, but then stops showing the following:

IP-config: eth0 hardware address 00:e0:4d:5b.... mtu 1500 DHCP RARP

and there it stops and does not continue. then after a couple of
minutes it continues:

IP-Config: no response after 60 secs - giving up
/init: .: line 1: can't open /tmp/net-eth0.conf
kernel panic - not synching: Attempted to kill init!

can somebody point me to what the problem is?