Let me know about Open Source use at your school!

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sun Sep 7 16:22:56 BST 2008

On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 14:59:57 PM -0400, David Trask wrote:

> I'm going to be presenting at several open source in education
> conferences throughout the next year.  One topic I'd love to share
> with others is the extent of open source use in classrooms all over
> the world. If I may, I'd like to ask if you can contribute your own
> story to the vast pool of experiences from classrooms and schools
> around the world.

1) Have you already contacted the institutions listed in the database
   of Digitally Free Schools at http://digifreedom.net/node/55? Those
   are all schools who have declared their FOSS preference either in
   their official websites or in public interviews, so there's no
   permission to ask there, I'd guess. You may just copy the data into
   your spreadsheet.

2) On a similar note, you may want to try to contact the schools
   listed at http://digifreedom.net/node/117. Beware that some of the
   teachers mentioned there would have no objections to appear again
   online, they're not good English speakers. Ask me off list for
   their contact info when it's not included in the article.

3) I always welcome new links to add to that database. Please David
   and all other edubuntu subscribers, let me know whenever there's a
   school that I should list, that is a school which "officially"
   declares, preferably in its official website, that it prefers Free
   formats and software.

   HTH,
		Marco
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84