USB Devices

Alistair Crust alistair at skegnessgrammar.org
Thu Sep 4 10:03:34 BST 2008

Hi,
 I'm working on a problem where I've just installed 3 new 8.04.1 LTSP
servers and can't get USB Devices to work for users other than locally
created users.

 Here is what I have:
	1 * Dapper LTS server (vitalstatistix) exporting /home via nfs and
authenticating users with NIS and Samba (for the few win machines we
actually have).
	3 * Hardy LTSP servers (asterix,doubleosix,wheatabix) using the above
to mount their home directories and for authentication.

 Now on asterix doubleosix and wheatabix, if i log on as a user (a NIS
user) and run id I find that the user is not a member of the fuse group,
however when I check the same on the vitalstatistix i find that I am a
member of the fuse group.

 After further inspection it appears that on  vitalstatistix the fuse
groups gid is 1133 whereas the fuse group gid on the 3 ltsp servers is
107. Unfortunately I cant change the gid on vitalstatistix because it is
already occupied by the messagebus group.

 Any ideas or options anyone can think of to resolve this would be
great.

Kind regards
--
Alistair Crust <alistair at skegnessgrammar.org>