convert from 32bit to 64bit

VY vyau5678 at
Mon Oct 13 23:19:29 BST 2008

Dear All:

I have installed Edubuntu on this Intel dual-core EMT64 box a few months
ago.  At that time,
I did not think about the 32bit vs 64bit issue.  Lately, I have the need
to do some work in a 64bit environment and then discovered that I have
actually installed a 32-bit Edubuntu on this box.
(my 'uname -a':  Linux vt-desktop 2.6.24-16-generic #1 SMP Thu Apr 10
13:23:42 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux)

Is it pretty simple to upgrade to 64 bit edubuntu?  I would not want to
reformat my drives since I want to preserve
all the current data.

Any tips much appreciated.