USB icon

Jeff Bonton fyrteach at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 17:31:57 BST 2008

I currently have an Edubuntu 8.04 server handling 4 thin clients in a school
environment. I will soon be enlarging this effort but this strange behavior
is now happening.

I am having problems with random USB or jump drives. When a student plugs in
their jump drive it shows up on all 4 of the clients and on the server. No
one except the user with the drive attached to their pc can access the
drive.

Once the user is done and removes the drive, the icon remains on the
desktops. The only way that I have found to remove the icon is a server
reboot.

Does anyone have an idea of where to start looking for a solution or a work
around.

Thanks
Jeff Bonton