remove client shutdown

Manu Manu at ubuntu-fr.org
Wed Nov 26 21:59:11 GMT 2008

Hello

Harry Sweet a écrit :

> Hi all.
>
> I've been trying to figure out how to shutdown all my thin clients from the server to turn them off at the end of the day.
>
> I tried shutdown -h from chrooted in /opt/ltsp/1386.  Managed to shut down the server.
>
> Anybody know a simple way to do this?   SSH maybe?

For  my thin/fat clients, I use in a script this command:

shutdown -h 18:45 for halted at 18h45

This script run on the thin/fat clients with the rc.local.

For build this, in your chroot, edit the /etc/rc.local file, add the
shutdown command with the good time for you, and change/update the
/etc/init.d/rc.local run-level.

After rebuild the environment ltsp-update-image -a name_chroot.

I hope this help you

Manu

--
Emmanuel LE NORMAND