Blocking users and games during schooltime

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Wed Nov 19 19:00:10 GMT 2008

You might want to look into the 'edubuntu-menus' package - I haven't
looked at it myself but it apparently can modify XDG (Gnome/other)
menus/menu items based on group membership. Maybe you could hack
together a cron script to join/remove the autologin user from a group
that has access/does not have access to the games from the menu (of
course if your users are savvy enough they can figure out how to launch
it anyway, but this might deter the majority of them).

You can also manually modify the menu entries, or simply remove the
games. Can't really think of any other way, of course the morning is
still young.

Cheers,
Jordan/Lns

--
Jordan Erickson
Owner, Logical Networking Solutions

Latest LNS Blogs - http://blogs.logicalnetworking.net

	Intel and HP team up to roll out Green PCs for the enterprise
	Mozilla Thunderbird Add-on "Signature Switch"
	Will "Windows 7" be another Mojave Experiment?