Problems

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 12:08:22 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Asmo Koskinen wrote:

> Mauricio Gleizer kirjoitti:
>
> > Pentium 200 with 32 MB RAM, and have connection, but fail in
> > authenticate the users
>
> A workstation Edubuntu system needs at least:
> 500 Mhz processor
> 128 MB of RAM
> 2.1 GB of hard disk space
>
> http://doc.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/edubuntu/handbook/C/workstation-hw.html

Perhaps I'm reading his message wrong, but I presumed he was using those as
thin clients, not workstations.  That would make these hardware
requirements more relevant

http://doc.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/edubuntu/handbook/C/server-hw.html#id554925

which for some reason doesn't seem to list RAM as a requirement (I would
have thought 32MB was a little too low).  As it's a slow CPU, at a guess,
he'll need to use LDM_DIRECTX.

http://doc.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/edubuntu/handbook/C/customizing-thin-client.html

> Are you familiar with LTSP 4.2? Maybe it works?
>
> http://ltsp.mirrors.tds.net/pub/ltsp/docs/ltsp-4.1-ptbr.html
> http://ltsp.mirrors.tds.net/pub/ltsp/docs/ltsp-4.1-en.html

It might be easier to get going on those old thin clients alright.