Asus Eee PC works with LTSP5

Asmo Koskinen asmo.koskinen at arkki.info
Tue Nov 11 08:48:23 GMT 2008

Asmo Koskinen kirjoitti:
> Asus Eee PC works with LTSP5 (missing atl2 network module was only heavy
> problem).

There is no question, just something to tell...

I have little bit complex test environment at home right now. I have two
servers to test failover dhcpd/two ltsp servers.

Master server (my main desktop) use rt-kernel (because I use
jackd/Ubuntu Studio) and bridged network (br0) for KVM. Slave server is
simple ltsp box.

Now the issue. I have Asus Eee 701 (atl2 network module) and when I
started to test failover dhcpd with two servers I run to this issue with
master server (rt-kernel). Slave server, simple box with vanilla kernel,
works with no issue.

 From chroot:

root at ltsp001:~# dmesg | grep unstable
[   25.416446] Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = -402840498 ns)
root at ltsp001:~#

So I found this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/190414/comments/22

I added this line for tftpboot.

asmok at ubuntu:~$ cat /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default

DEFAULT vmlinuz ro initrd=initrd.img clocksource=hpet
#quiet splash

Now Asus Eee 701 boots fast as thin client, without that line
"clocksource=hpet" it stopped on the boot process really long time. But
it boots anyway.

--

You do not have this issue if you use vanilla kernels on ltsp server, I
think. I got right now rt-kernel and br0, I think it is little bit too much.

For missing atl2 module do this:

http://www.nubae.com/making-asus-eeepc-work-for-ubuntu-ltsp

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.