Eee Box and booting with PXE ?

Thierry Munoz thierry.munoz at free.fr
Thu Nov 6 23:12:07 GMT 2008

Hi,
I found some infos here :
http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=6149.msg36988#msg36988
I understood that the EEE Box can boot on PXE (this option exists on the
BIOS : http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=5929.msg35861#msg35861)
but there 's a problem with the NIC Realtek (RTL8169 NIC chip) that can
be solved under LinuxMCE
(http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Unrecognized_NIC).
Maybe is that problem solved with the new kernels ?

Using the EEE Box as a thin client is a solution that seems to me more
and more interesting.
Have you some advices to give me ?

Thanks,

Thierry